System Overview - What are the components of a Track Star AVLS System?869 Views
Last Updated: November 18, 2015
1) A Microsoft SQL database – A copy of SQL express is included in the software. SQL Express is free and therefore has some limitations on DB size, CPUs etc. The maximum database size of the included SQL express software is 10GB. A full version of SQL is preferred but not required.
2) Track Star AVLS Server – will receive the incoming UDP/TCP traffic from the modems. The server then sends the data to the SQL database to be stored
3) Track Star AVLS Client (windows client) – is where you setup and administer your fleet, run reports and displaying your vehicles moving around the map.
4) GeoStream Server – is an optional component to the Track Star AVLS solution. It can be used to serve up map data to the AVLS windows client if you wish to have the map files in a central location. In the default setup (using local maps) each computer with the AVLS Client will need a copy of the map files (approximately 6GB for the USA). If you have a large number of client computers updating the map files on each computer can become cumbersome.
The Geostream is required if you plan to access Track Star via a web browser (AVLSWeb)
5) AVLSWeb – is an optional component to the Track Star AVLS solution (Version 6.0+) that allows you to access most functions of the AVLS Client via a web browser. The administrator functions are not available in AVLSWeb.
With components 1-3 installed and configured you can begin to track your fleet. The Geostream Server and AVLSWeb can be added later if you so wish.